The St. Francis of Assisi medal is a beautiful hand carved pictorial of St. Francis holding a bird. He had an affinity towards all animals and nature - particularly birds. Legend has it that wild animals had no fear of Francis and even sought him out for refuge. This St. Francis of Assisi pendant framed with a woven bezel is a timeless piece of artisan jewelry designed to be worn everyday with your favorite silver chain necklace or perhaps a leather cord. The St. Francis of Assisi medal makes a special gift for those who have a deep love and care for animals and the environment.
Who was St. Francis:
St. Francis of Assisi founded the Franciscan order and was the second person in Christian tradition to receive the stigmata during prayer (after St. Paul). He is known as the patron saint of animals and ecology because of his boundless love for nature and animals. He arranged the first live nativity scene. (Feast Day: October 4th)
The prayer to St. Francis of Assisi is a beautiful prayer recognized by many around the world:
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith. Where there is despair, hope. Where there is darkness, light. Where there is sadness, joy.
St. Francis of Assisi Charm Features:
Treat yourself to the very best in quality, design, materials and first class personal service.
- Artisan made | handcrafted St. Francis of Assisi charm
- Sterling silver .925 cast and hand finished
- Measurements: 7/8" x 1 5/8", bale is 8.5mm and will fit a chain up to 7.5mm wide/thick
- Arrives in a proprietary Saint By Sarah Jane packaging
- Handmade in U.S.A.
- Lifetime warranty covering any defects due to our error*
- 14-day return policy* Some exclusions may apply*
- Free domestic shipping
- What questions do you have? Allow us to assist you with all your needs. You can reach us by phone, email or online chat.